Friday, March 12, 2010

A Good Week with a Busy Weekend Ahead!

It has been a good week in the Hughes house. Nothing too exciting to report. We started a new routine this week, and everything has gone quite nicely. Micah is completing his first week of homeschool. He is happy, content and I hope he has learned a lot. It is amazing to me how much material we can cover throughout the day and still have our evenings free. He hardly knows what to do with himself in the evenings now. It is very nice!

I got to attend "Muffins with Mom" at Highland with my big girls. I don't have a picture (sorry), but it was a lot of fun. They were so excited and we got to spend Tuesday morning together eating muffins and chatting in the school cafeteria. They are both great girls!

Chloe is just her usual crazy self. She is so articulate these days, and seems to be gaining new knowledge every day. They are just little sponges at this age! Her favorite thing to watch and read and learn about is dinosaurs. She knows names of dinosaurs that I never even knew until she took interest. She knows what they eat and different things about them. It is kind of funny.

Micah doing school:
Chloe watching her favorite show (Dinosaur Train)and apparently some yoga poses:
This weekend is going to be incredibly busy! I look forward to it, but dread it at the same time. Tomorrow, we are headed to Evansville for a homeschool convention. We are going to take a couple of classes and hopefully look through the curriculum we have chosen. We think we have things nailed down for next school year, but just want to make certain. It is so hard to choose! I didn't realize how many choices there were for curriculum until we started looking. That is a good thing, because everybody is different, but it makes the decision a little trickier. I can't hardly wait to get my hands on the nice curriculum for next year!

Saturday evening we are headed to a Sweet Sixteen Birthday party for one of our youth girls. She is a very sweet young lady (the entire family is) that we've gotten to know quite well over the past couple of years. I'm her teacher twice a week and she is in the youth band that Jamie supervises. Who doesn't love a Sweet Sixteen bash?

Sunday, Jamie is preaching at another church. He has revival time at Walnut and we are using the opportunity that God has put before us. The only "catch" is that we lose an hour (the dreaded 'spring forward' time change) and we have to drive quite a distance to get there. Jamie preaches both services, so it is going to make for a long exhausting day where we will probably not get home until almost 10 or so. Monday morning is not going to be pretty around here. If I wouldn't look suspicious (and I totally would!) I'd let the girls skip. Poor things!

I'm just praying for some energy this weekend. Or perhaps, I need to load up with caffeine instead. I know what Jamie will do!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you taking the kids to the home school convention. I forget. I think that is the weekend you asked us to watch them. We have some special things going on at our church this weekend.
There is a dinasaur "place" at the Smokies. I'm not calling it a museum because I'm not sure if it has any actual dinasaur bones. That might be something Chloe would enjoy.

Buffy said...

We are just taking the kids along. We just picked out the 2 classes that we wanted to do the most and we are attending those and just skipping most of it.