Thursday, April 22, 2010

Moving On

I started this blog 2 years ago after God moved us 150 miles away from family and friends. I wanted a way for them to feel "involved" in our lives. My focus at first was posting pictures and stories about my kids. That is still my primary focus here, but it has evolved over time. It is an outlet for me. I don't like to actually put a pen to paper and write (don't tell my kids that when I'm making them practice penmanship), so this is the journal (journey) of my life in its ups and downs.

Jamie resigned from his position as Student Pastor last night. We are ending our chapter here and it is scary. I know that God holds it all in his hands though. We have been obedient to his direction and we are confident that we will stand amazed on the other side of things. Patience is not my strongest quality, I admit. Waiting often hurts, but we give it all to God.

We have gained a lot by being here. I don't understand all the "why's" and may never understand them this side of heaven, but I do know that there are things that we have endured and experienced that have refined us for the Kingdom. In the end, God holds it all in his hands anyways.

My kids are happy and that makes me happy. Jamie is the best husband that God could have ever created for me and I appreciate him more than he'll ever realize! He is a Godly man and when he surrendered his life to ministry 13 years ago, we didn't know exactly what that meant for the long term. I think that can mean different things for different people. And, in the ministry, you can't really "plan" for the future, because you have left it all up to God and what his direction is.

I think our lives are getting ready to take a shift (at least for a little while). I know that our lives are beginning to change, reguardless. That is scary to us. All we know is vocational ministry. We've been at this for 11 years. We celebrate 16 years in June, so this is a big bulk of our married life. But, part of the "calling" was to be obedient. We'll never give God a timeline or try to plan our own lives ahead of Him. We give all that to him. But, perhaps, this chapter of our lives has drawn to a close? Only God knows the answer to that. Time will only tell.

It has been an emotional couple of weeks. Our lives changed very quickly. While I don't like life spinning out of control, it is a positive that we don't have to "worry" about it. I'm prepared to be amazed at God's mercy and grace. I'm thankful to look around and see my healthy happy kids bouncing around. I'm so very thankful for my family and close friends. I know that there are many prayers going up on our behalf and I'll never be able to thank those people enough. We feel them and appreciate them. God and family is what is getting us through step by step.

We are headed home. We've liked living here overall, but it is a sweet surprise in God's plans that we can go back home and enjoy being around family and familiarity. We need them right now more than ever.

But, you know what is fantastic about endings? That means a new beginning is around the corner!

3 comments:

Sozo said...

I have a great wife as well. Thank you for letting me drag you and my kids around the state. LOL! I am looking forward to our new chapter. The pages will turn slowly as they do often with us....but that is how I read anyway.

Anonymous said...

I think God sent us (Glenn and me) on a mission trip to Phoenix with you a couple years ago. We realized that Owensboro was a lot closer than Phoenix. We were just thankful that it wasn't Phoenix. But sometimes I wonder if God is not calling you to Phoenix. I'm so glad you had the opportunity to move and become closer to each other (much like Glenn and I did when we moved to Lexington). I know everyone in Calloway County will welcome you back with open arms.
I'm so thankful that you started this blog.
Pat

Buffy said...

I know that God can do anything, but for our kids' sakes, our prayer is to be able to stay close to family. Even 150 miles hasn't been too bad and we can see everybody several times a year. If we move further, I know that wouldn't happen. My kids love their grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins (we do too!), and I want them to have those fond memories growing up.

Our first ministry is our family and we don't want them "ping-ponged" around. They are quite confused right now with everything going on (we are too). They are excited too, but I know they have probably sensed the stress and mourning that Jamie and I are going through.

It has been a learning experience here, that's for sure. Micah was saved/baptized here and it was worth ALL of this to see that!

Right now we all just want to be home! All 6 of us need some time to regroup and figure out what end is up.

And, Jamie laughs at me....I can't believe I have to leave this fabulous Library behind!!!! Murray's library is worthless! LOL!