Monday, April 12, 2010

Our Sonlight Castle

I was so excited to come home yesterday from a youth retreat to see boxes of curriculum waiting for me! I actually made myself nap before I opened the big (most anticipated) box, because I knew if I opened it before napping, I'd never get to sleep!

This box was the one that I have been coveting since we were called to homeschooling:
I think I have looked at their website a thousand times and was so excited to see their booth at the convention last month. It is mostly literature based learning that you can do as a family. We will be doing Bible, History, Science and Reading through this curriculum. We love to read together already, so what better way to teach!

So I knew if I opened up this box (it was almost 80 books) that I'd never stop looking. But, we sorted them out yesterday afternoon and I got them all put on the shelf in some kind of an order (for now anyways). The kids were so excited about all their books. And, well, Jamie and I were too.

I got a "free" pendant for ordering from them. It is a widow's mite that I can wear around my neck. And, the box was etched with a castle so the kids could play with it. How cool!

So, I do think that besides waiting for a few orders and getting ordinary school supplies, we are complete! God has blessed us so much through this calling already. I can't wait to have all of them home!

1 comment:

Luke Holzmann said...

I just bumped into your blog. Have a great year with Sonlight [smile]. Thanks for sharing your Box Day!

~Luke