Monday, May 3, 2010

House sitting, Family, Homeschool

Today is the first day of homeschooling all of my children. It came a bit earlier than expected, but they are excited and so am I. We are getting a bit of a later start, but that is OK. We are house sitting for Jamie's parents and we are a bit out of our routine and not getting the same kind of rest. Actually our "routine" is not to have a routine for the next few weeks while we begin the process of moving.

Did I mention that I hate moving and I get the joy of doing it twice in a very short period of time? Oh joy! So, we get to box it up, haul it back, and put most of it in storage while we get things going here and find a place to live. Then when we find this place, we get to move all the boxes all over again.

It has been nice to go and visit with my family though. I have really missed them the past few weeks especially. Sometimes you just want some family to lean on when things are rough. I've talked to them a lot on the phone, and that helps, but it isn't exactly the same.

I've talked to Jamie a couple of times. He is doing well, I guess. Seems like he is so busy on these trips that time for phone calls are hard to find. I always miss him like mad and my hats go off to single mothers every time as I do all this alone. It is hard to be separated though sometimes and especially now. The timing kind of stunk for personal reasons, but God knew all this ahead of time, so I know that he has a plan.

No comments: