Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day


Mother's Day 2010 was different than it has ever been. First of all, we didn't attend a regular church this morning. That was probably the first time I have not gone to church on Mother's Day in my entire life. Jamie let me sleep in, which was nice and then he went and got us some doughnuts. The kids greeted me with handmade cards and things that they had been working on this morning and at school. We then got dressed and had a little Bible story at the kitchen table. The kids made a volcano (it went with the story) and we had fun learning together. Then, it was packing, packing, and more packing. I hate packing! It is so overwhelming! And, to top it all off, somebody is suppose to come by and see the house on Tuesday afternoon. I told them that the house would be a mess, but whatever. That should be good and embarrassing!!!!! Nothing like every closet being inside out and having a strange visitor. Oh boy! At least this time we have a garage to store the boxes and such. 2 years ago, we literally had boxes crammed in every corner of our tiny little house!

I feel very honored for God to have chosen me to be the mother of my 4 little bundles of joy. My family is my greatest blessing on earth. They mean everything to me. I know that I can get through anything with them by my side.

My own mother is one of my best friends. She is one of the first people that I pick up the phone and call when something is very wrong or something is going very right in my life. I want her to know right away. She is my #1 cheerleader in life. When I'm happy, she is happy for me. When I'm upset, she is crying right along with me.

So, Happy Mother's day to G-Mama, Nana, Deda, and Granny Dot! We are thinking of Granny Hazel, Grandmother, and Mamaw today as well! We miss them and we hope that they realize how much they influenced us and impacted our lives! We love all of you!

And here are a few pictures from today and the reason that we do what we do!





No comments: