Saturday, June 26, 2010

The House Hunt

We arrived back from vacation yesterday safe and sound. It was beautiful, we are tired, ate too much, and laughed until our stomachs hurt, which is all the qualities of a great vacation. I will make another post with pictures later.

Jamie and I will be going in a few hours to begin the house hunt. I'm very excited, but freaking out at the same time. We have 4 houses chosen right now. I slept really well last night, but I think every time I dreamed I was looking at houses. Every time I rolled over, I whispered a little prayer for God to direct our paths in this huge decision. We naturally have logical concerns, but in the end, if God is directing our path, then we can't go wrong. He will take care of it. None of the rest matters. We can be happy and content anywhere.

So, we'll see what the afternoon brings. I'm hoping that our realtor friend can give us some much needed hand holding through this process. I'm praying that God places "the one" right in front of us with no question. I'm selfishly praying for a 30 day closing, but I'll be honest, 3 out of the 4 are occupied, so that may not be possible. We'll see.

On another note, we got pre-qualified for a mortgage a couple of weeks ago through our bank. They take your income, credit score, current debt, etc and come up with this amount that you could qualify for on a mortgage. Jamie texted me this dollar amount and I know my mouth gaped open and I'm texting him back saying, "are you sure?". Yes, he was sure, the lady emailed it to me in black and white. All I can say is no wonder people go in foreclosure! The amount was almost double the price of homes we were looking for. Double! Just because you can "afford" something doesn't mean it is a smart move to make. When we get settled, we will continue on our path to be debt free.

I can hardly wait to paint walls, landscape, and have a house that we can make our very own!

1 comment:

Denisha said...

WOO HOO!!!! I'm excited for you all too!