Sunday, August 29, 2010

We are here!

I think yesterday was the hottest day of the week, and of course, we were moving! The sun was hot, but the Uhaul and storage unit was even hotter. Jamie almost overdid it (as usual). It was a long hard day for everybody concerned. Thanks a BUNCH to Pat and Glenn for not only putting up with 6 extra people in their home for 3 months but for the extra muscles. I don't know what we would have done without you (then and now).

But we are here and trying to gather a game plan of what to do first. It is a bit overwhelming to say the least. Not just the unpacking, but trying to decide how we are going to set things up until things get permanently set up since we'll be painting and doing all that crazy business soon. First things first though, we need the kitchen unpacked and clothes! That is the biggest problem. And, since our house was built in the 70's our dryer won't work, so that was a little kink. Now I have laundry hanging all over my house, because I didn't have any machines for 3 days! I told Jamie that we have to be on that Monday morning, because I really need that dryer! That part was frustrating, along with the "fragile" box that fell yesterday! The things inside are irreplaceable and I cried a bit, but I'm OK now. I think part of those tears were being hot, tired, frustrated, etc.

I really hate moving and find the whole process stressful. Jamie and I really don't have a "want" to move again in the future and we can finally put our feet down and plant them firm and enjoy for the first time ever. I guess since we are in our mid-30's, it is about time to feel that way, huh?

I can look back over the last 4 months and while there will always be a twinge of disappointment and hurt when I reflect back on this time, I know that God has taken care of us. We are forever changed. God saw us through one of the hardest blows and hurts of our lives, but we muddled through with his help and leaned on him. I've been depressed, but the past week or so, I can already feel that being lifted. Just the joy of moving forward has been enough to make me feel like we are finally getting our lives back. I can see where God has used this opportunity of Satan to bless us with our heart's desire (a home of our own), give Jamie a solid stable job, and move us back close to our families.

Thanks for everybody's continued prayers.

No comments: