Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Around the New House/Town

So, this week has been comprised of work (for Jamie), school (everybody), and trying to at least get a little bit done in our "spare" (Ha Ha....what is that?) time. I feel like I've been spinning my wheels and not really getting anywhere for some reason.

I finally feel rested like a normal human today. I was so tired from last week and the big move that it was hard to function, honestly. The kids have been extra energetic from all the excitement too, which makes the days interesting to say the least.

My dryer is unusable at the moment, which is just a major headache and creating stress for me. With 6 people in the family, I need my dryer! Not to mention my house looks like an episode of Hoarders with all the boxes and things inside out. My back is way out of whack and Jamie's shoulder from the move.

I sound like I'm complaining, but in reality, I'm very happy about this new chapter! I love the room we have and the plans we have to give the house a 2010 facelift. It'll be a lot of work, but at the end of it, we can sit back and enjoy. There are actually a lot of plans we have for the life of the house to make it more our own, but since time and resources are of the essence, we are focusing on walls, floors, and light fixtures for the moment. That'll be enough to give it a nice update and the rest can wait until we get there. I can hardly wait to see how it'll all turn out!

We also have been visiting a church in the area. It is a nice church and fits our beliefs. It is a growing church and very mission minded. It was actually church plant from Hardin Baptist, which I did not know until Sunday night, but now that I know it, it makes total sense.

Yesterday was Abbi's first soccer practice. I was sitting there and thinking to myself, "what have I signed my kids up for?". We live in a county that is very serious about sports. We are used to the gentle approach of Upward. The coaches were scolding, fussy, and harsh in my opinion. Abbi has never played positions before, so even though she is good, it was new to her. So, she was a bit lost and nobody really explained anything. They assume you know all this stuff by 8 years old. She cried when we left. I felt horrible!!! One little girl on her team even told her that she wasn't any good. Jamie said he was going to meet us over there after he gets off next Tuesday. Oh my!

So, that is our lives at the moment. Today my goal after homeschool is to wash kitchen cabinets and get some more stuff unloaded into them.

Oh, and God has a sense of humor. He moved us right beside Baptist youth leaders! HA! Before we moved, we lived by a Baptist minister too.

No comments: