Friday, September 3, 2010

Today starts the Home Re-Do!

We are starting in Micah's room, because it is the smallest. Jamie has a 4 day weekend, so we'll be in there ripping carpet, painting, and doing floors. Maybe we can have 1 "normal" room in the house. We saw this Lowe's Commercial a month or so go on Hulu. We both died laughing and I rarely watch commercials again, but we watched it again. I hope we aren't like the couple in the commercial, but we will be frequent customers to Lowe's.



I've spent the last week, cleaning, picking off old contact paper from shelves, and picking wallpaper. I've decided that I now protest both contact paper and wallpaper. My thumbnails actually hurt. I wasn't even sure that your thumbnails could get sore! But, it'll get done. Who knew that the steam shark that I bought to clean the floors would be run up and down the wall more than the floor?

So, my dryer problem is going to require an electrician. Jamie's dad came over here and worked and worked and it isn't anything that can be done without a professional apparently. We talked to one of my parents' friends that works for Lowe's and installs these things. He said that sometimes in older homes there isn't enough energy going to the dryer, which means it'll either not heat up or blow a fuse. My dryer seemed to be doing both . So, that is frustrating and even among the craziness of moving has been my main stressor. I had a bit of a meltdown yesterday about it, but I'm OK today.

My lovely mother came over last night and took all my dirty clothes to the laundry mat, so my laundry could be caught up without me hanging it all over the house. I tried to tell her NOT to, but she insisted and I was grateful for the help! It'll be nice to put on a soft t-shirt today rather than one that is still from hanging to dry.

But, even though my life is chaotic and a bit stressful at times (darn DRYER!) we appreciate God's blessing on our lives. I may have had a meltdown yesterday, but today is a new day. We are excited to be home owners again, and while the house is not really "us" yet, it will be and it'll be darn cute too! I'm ready to tackle my next home improvement project. I'm never moving again! Wait....did I mention that already?

1 comment:

Katie said...

Cute video! ;)
Be sure and post some pics when you're all done with the house! Can't wait to see it. :-)

Katie