Friday, August 13, 2010

Who Said the #13 is Bad Luck?

It has always been a pretty good number for us. I don't really believe in luck at all, but we seem to fall into things with the number 13 often. We lived at 1313 Bazzell Cemetery Road for 9 years. I always thought the address would be appropriate for a Stephen King novel and I had many people look at me like I was crazy after asking for my address. It never bothered me. It was easy to remember and we made a ton of wonderful memories in that that little home.

Here I sit, today, on Friday the 13th waiting to go to the bank. Our house closing is this afternoon. We even got a little extra blessing with the closing costs being MUCH less than what they had originally estimated. So, we will officially be home owners this afternoon after 3:00, however we won't be moving for another 2 weeks. That part makes the closing a little less exciting, but it is at least a step in the forward direction instead of being stuck in the quicksand.

On another note, we had to attend a funeral visitation for a dear sweet lady that we used to go to church with. She died way too young and way too tragically to even comprehend. I can still see her standing up on the church stage singing out praises to our King and now I know she is sitting in heaven singing beautiful praises. I had to gulp back a lump in my throat last night when I hugged her mother and daughter and other family members and my favorite song she sang at church was playing over the intercom at that exact moment. She had made a CD for her mother of her singing and we stood in line about an hour listening to her lovely voice one more time. Sometimes we just don't understand this world!

No comments: