Saturday, October 9, 2010

Another Room Done!


We are finally in our bedroom now after living here 6 weeks. It has been almost 6 months since I've had a chest of drawers or a closet to put my clothes. Doing laundry is one of my most loathed household tasks, but I gleefully put away clothes in my bedroom this afternoon. I don't think I've ever been so excited to do laundry in my life. It just felt so nice to have things normal and no more digging through boxes or laundry baskets to find what we need. I guess I never realized how much you can take those little things for granted and to be thankful for them.

We ended up with Jamie's Granny's bedroom suit, which just made the room complete. I love a bed with tall posts. At some point, we'll update the knobs on the dressers, but that is not a priority right now. The bed felt very tall last night since we have had our mattress/foundation on the floor now since we moved.

I love how it turned out and can't wait (again!) to get the pictures on the walls to make everything complete, but here is the (almost) finished product.

Before:




After:

The hallway bathroom is next. I just need to do the floors is there, but it'll be so nice to have my nice big "girly" bathroom back! I swear, sharing a teeny tiny bathroom with 5 other people is not fun. I don't even have room on the counter top for my Chi flat iron...that is down right blasphemous! Soon...very soon!!!

I'm still just so thankful for the blessings that God has given us! 6 months ago, I never would have imagined!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a transformation!!! And it looks so cozy and quaint. I am considering some of the same colors for my bedroom.