Thursday, October 7, 2010

Lessons I've learned the Past 6 Weeks

  • It is amazing the amount of paint you can use out of a seemingly empty paint can.
  • I'm the messiest painter ever. I get it all over my legs, arms, hands, and even hair on occasion.
  • Carpet is a disgusting invention!
  • Wallpaper is from the devil!!!
  • You can do a lot even on a little budget if you put in the time, effort, and creativity.
  • Updating a home is a neat thing to see.
  • Making my first mortgage payment made it more "real" and wasn't even scary!
  • New dryers and old homes make you have to pay an electrician.
  • Polyurethane actually smells better than stain, but both will make your clothes dryer emit a kerosene smell (we had to google that one).
  • Sharing a teeny tiny bathroom with hardly any counter space with 5 other people is NOT fun.
  • Church can be exactly like you envisioned it should be.
  • The harder you try to forget, the more you seem to remember.
  • My kids are flexible and wonderful.
  • My husband is amazing to be able to work more than 40 hours a week, give us his time and attention, and work on his Master's full time...I don't know how he is doing it!
  • I have a lot more patience than I realized.
  • I can live among disorganization and still be happy.
  • God has revealed a lot to me.
  • Having a fenced in yard is a huge blessing!
  • We CAN make it on a smaller income when God is in control!!!!
  • Homeschooling can be hard work, but it is fostering qualities, skills, and knowledge in my children that is irreplaceable and I'm completely "sold" on the idea of homeschooling them through high school.
  • I am not good at remembering all these new names that have been thrown at us.
  • It is OK to make mistakes and have to come back and re-do them.
  • God is forever taking care of us and I'm simply amazed at his patience and faithfulness.
  • I'll never understand everything, but I can let go of it and let God deal with it and move on. Even if I'll never forget.

No comments: