Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I think I can, I think I can...

That is what I keep telling myself anyways. I know this house will be finished at some point. Right? We will be in our bedroom again this weekend. I'm currently working on the hallway bathroom and it should be completed in the next week. I think we've made a million trips to Lowes and Wal-Mart already and we aren't even halfway through.

I love the end results though and all the rooms that are complete feel so cozy and nice already. Next week, we are taking a break from painting and floors and I'm going to focus on getting things organized into our bedrooms.

This week, we are taking a fall break from homeschool and my kids have lived outdoors 90% of the day. We are loving this weather and I'm so thankful for a fenced yard! Tonight my 3 oldest children are attending their first church lock-in. How did they get so big? Chloe has already said that she will not be sleeping in that room by herself, so I guess she'll be camping out with us. So, it'll be quiet around the Hughes house tonight after church.

I just have to tell myself that we WILL see an end to all this madness though. Sometimes, as I'm painting, I think, "didn't I just do this?" Our goal is to be finished by Christmas. I really think it'll be more like January though, because I will need to Christmas shop at some point I suppose.

Oh, and on another entirely different note. Chloe was in there taking a bath the other night and was singing at the top of her lungs, "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun". I chuckled a bit, but dared not disturb her as she would have stopped and I wanted to hear her sing. How great is it being a mother and getting to enjoy all these little moments in life. You have to admit, there isn't anything much funnier than a 4 year old singing her rendition of "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" in the bathtub at the top of her lungs with only the words of the chorus being right.

No comments: