Saturday, October 30, 2010

Karate Kid

Last weekend we bought the new Karate Kid movie. It is a good family movie and even though it was a "remake" of the original, it was different enough that it wasn't too bothersome to me as a fan of the original. They kept some of the common threads and themes, but much was different, which was probably pretty smart of the movie makers. Some movies just can't be "remade." It was cute though and the kids enjoyed it. Will Smith's son is very talented, especially for his age. He probably has a pretty big future ahead of him if he wants it and doesn't screw his life up along the way like many of these child stars. But, I digress...

Sunday, I looked and all 3 of the original Karate Kid movies were on "play now" off of Netflix, so we had us a little Karate Kid marathon and finally finished up on Monday. It brought back a lot of old memories watching the original. The music was terrible, the clothing is awful, but the story is still very heartwarming and endearing.

Abbi is now obsessed with them. I don't let them watch TV every day anymore, but she asks me daily if she can watch Karate Kid. She has now watched the original twice and the new one 1 1/2 times (my fault...I made them go to bed). It is so funny. Even at 9 years old, she thinks that both of them are very "cute" and I think that is part of her wanting to watch it (much like my sister and I in the 80's!). I won't tell her that the original Karate kid is almost 50 now and old enough to be her grandpa!

Today we are getting this wallpaper off. I may be up until the wee hours of the morning, but it is coming off! The border is lifting MUCH easier. I admit that I didn't really mess with it for a few days this week. I was so tired of it! I really want to paint this week!!!!!!!

It is also trick or treat night . It is the first time that we have gotten to trick or treat with family in 3 years, so that will be fun.

No comments: