Monday, November 15, 2010

A Very Productive Weekend

Saturday we went to Lowes "Build and Grow" workshop for the first time. I've seen the sign a million times, but it always slipped my mind until I saw the sign again. But, we finally remembered. Or rather, the kids remembered! It was a lot of fun though and I think we'll return. I love to find good quality FREE things for the kids to participate in.


We came home from Lowes and I unboxed books all afternoon into the newly completed school room. I thought I was finished once only to discover 2 more huge boxes! So, I think by the time my children are grown, we'll have ourselves a little library. They have had a ball, because they have not seen many of their books since April. They have played in our new room all weekend. My girls love to play school anyway, so it is now the new favorite spot in the house!

Here is a new school area. I'm so thrilled! God gave us just enough house for our needs and this ended up just being a bonus.

Before:

After:

The ottoman that is sitting there doesn't match. I need to get something to throw over it or make a cover. It works for now. I do need some bulletin boards and a calendar and those kinds of things too. The walls are a khaki/grey color, and that is hard to tell in a picture.



I also painted my front door during this process. It went from white to red. Abbi took this picture for me just now. It has a bit of a glare on it and I hadn't the heart to tell her, so I'll post her photography anyways:-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The school room looks GREAT! I'm so jealous! ;)

Anonymous said...

I especially love the flooring! That will let you clean upschool messes faster & easier.
Sharon :)