Thursday, November 4, 2010

GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Life just has a way of throwing you some curve balls, doesn't it? Jamie is with MCU tonight at a concert. It was one of his job "perks" and I'm glad he got to go. I had a busy day, but was planning on starting on the floor in the room we painted (which looks fabulous by the way).

We had a toilet issue today. I don't think it is anything major, but it was wanting to back up a bit and I thought I had fixed it. Well, apparently not! I hear the scream of death from the bathroom and Micah had overflowed the toilet. Well, this is the bathroom that still has carpet and is little, so it was basically a swimming pool in there (thankfully no #2!). So, I call Jamie all in a panic, and started ripping carpet out (WAY earlier than I wanted to), and cut myself somewhere along the way and blood was dripping everywhere, which made me even more mad.

So, I'm sitting in a messy wet bathroom floor with a bleeding finger and crying my eyes out. I just felt so frustrated and alone at that moment.

Which brings me to my next frustrating point. I was not planning on doing that bathroom until after the holidays. We are anxious to get our living area done, but we decided to do the other rooms to get our lives in some kind organized sense. I wanted to get the living area done, then put a tree up and chill out for a month or 2 and enjoy life and my home. I guess that won't be happening!! I suppose the next 2-3 weeks will be sucked up with me doing the bathroom and by then I won't have time to mess with the main area. That makes me want to cry some more. I suppose I'm not in any kind of race, but still!

No comments: