Monday, January 10, 2011

Ponderings After the Weekend

I feel like this weekend kind of slipped by too quickly! Saturday we went to Lowe's Build and Grow. The kids love it and I like that it teaches them how to follow directions and they have something to play with at the end. Micah is "Mr. Independent" and it never fails that he has to have Jamie undo a mistake. He's going to have to learn the hard way to read the directions carefully! I'm adding their certificates to their homeschool portfolio. The neat thing about homeschooling is that it is 24/7/365. Learning opportunities everywhere around you.

Then, I finally broke free for a break of sorts to buy some much needed clothes (on clearance of course). Can I just complain for a second about jean shopping? How is it that I can try on the same brand, same size, same cut, and they both fit differently. Seriously?!?! Do they not cut them the same? But, I did buy a pair and I really think that "petite" jeans are getting longer! I wore heels yesterday and still have to roll them a cuff. Maybe I'm shrinking instead. I'm still not sure.

Jamie caulked the bathroom and added the new light fixture to the "man bathroom" while I was gone. I'm so glad to have that room done! I cannot even tell you! We are officially finished with wallpaper forever!!!! It turned out really cute though. Even the 1970's Avocado green doesn't look too shabby with some warm colors added around it.

Before, the wallpaper had pink flowers on it (gag!), fluffy curtains, carpet (double gag!), and a funky light fixture.

After, we painted, hung a little shade, added a rug to tie in the colors.

This was one of the most difficult rooms to paint, because it is so small. Getting a ladder in and out and the shower doors. I kept praying I wouldn't fall, because I would have surely broken a neck in the process.

Now all we have left is the main area of the house and the utility area. I'm looking forward to getting it done, but it'll have to wait a bit until the weather warms up (we need to ventilate for the floors), but that is OK. It'll give me time to unpack those last few boxes and get things really organized.

The girls and I also got to attend the baby shower for my newest niece who will be arriving very soon! It was very nice to catch up with my old best friend (cousin). I really haven't chatted with her since we moved. She and I were a little scared to breathe around all the baby cuteness for fear that the condition might be contagious:-) I had a dream last week that I was pregnant and I was bawling and squawling and basically freaking out! I woke up in a jolt and breathing a sigh of relief. I love me some sweet baby goodness as much as the next person, but no, just no! I'll just wait for little Leah to come out and play! My kids pray for Aunt Rachel and Leah daily in their sweet little prayers. Can't wait to meet her!

Jamie had a meeting last night until late and now it is Monday, which is always long! I get the winter blahs about this time of year and I'm just hoping that it'll hurry up!

No comments: