Thursday, February 3, 2011

Our Exciting Life

So, we bought tickets last night for the Memphis homeschooling convention (March 4th-5th) and Tim Hawkins who will have 2 shows there. Can I just say that I'm excited? I'm really not sure what that says about me though. I know that my priorities are probably a bit different than most, but that is OK.

It isn't even about the convention though. The convention is just killing 2 birds with 1 stone so to speak. We went to a small convention last year, but we were new (as in, I had only been homeschooling a week) to the whole idea and it was a bit overwhelming. We also had our kids with us last year, and so we just wanted to make things as quick as possible. Now, I have a better grasp of what I'm doing and the vision I have for our homeschool. So, I'm hoping to gain a lot more and really be able to learn and look around.

We were planning on seeing Tim Hawkins last Summer when he was in Paducah in June, but that was before we knew we were moving back, and well, life changed a lot for us, and we couldn't go. So, while, I probably have all his jokes memorized anyways, I'm very excited about seeing him in person. If, for no other reason, to say that I did:-)

But, the bigger picture is that I'm going to spend 2 whole days with my hubby. We've never really done that and I've been a mom for over 11 years. We've never just gone out for the weekend and focused on ourselves. We are also guilty (like many busy parents) of not going on 'dates' at all. We do spend time with one another in the evenings when the kids go to bed, but not really 'out' of the house. It always seems like the weekends go by so quickly and everybody is so busy that we just don't bother I don't guess.


No comments: