Friday, January 28, 2011

Growing up, Snaggle Tooth, and Things to Come

Growing up:

My kids are growing way too fast! Micah is only about 6 inches shorter than me anymore. So, I can't stand behind him in pictures without being hidden (hey, maybe that is actually a good idea). It never fails when I sort laundry that some of his clothes end up with mine or vice-versa. I wanted a sweatshirt one day and didn't have any clean and found myself going to his closet to find something to wear (and it fit). It is kind of sad!

On one hand, it is very exciting to get to know them as these little people and have real conversations about real things. On the other, it just flies by so quickly, and it just shows me how quickly life really does pass us by. Even when we bought this house, I pointed out how I wanted the rooms set up when I was a grandparent. It is funny how you think about things like that, because it seems so far away, but I know that the day is inevitable at some point. With 4 kids, I'm bound to have a big huge family down the road:-)

Snaggle Tooth:

Hannah has lost another tooth! So, she has the cutest little snaggle tooth smile at the moment with 2 front teeth missing and one on the bottom. I know she'll look all grown up when her "big" teeth come in.
Things to Come:

On another note, in exactly 1 week (at the latest), we'll have a new niece! We si mply can't wait to meet her. She is such a blessing and answer to prayer already. I know that God has big plans for her (and her parents)! All Jamie and I have are nieces, which is kind of funny in a way. We love girls though and Micah will be a GREAT husband one day. I just know it!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Speaking of growing up, you should see Zach now. He's a head taller than Mom and me. Crazy! And Annie's an inch taller than me. I'm gonna be the shortest. Hehe ;)

Katie

Buffy said...

Jamie still grew after we were married! HA HA! Micah and I have about the same size feet too. Abbi is running up quite a bit too. She is outgrowing clothes and aggravated, because she wants to still be able to wear them.

We miss you and your family! I hope that you all are doing well:-)