Thursday, March 3, 2011

In about 5 hours...

I'll be kidless until Saturday night. I really can't remember the last time Jamie and I just went 'out'. Let's see...the last time I was without kids was for a funeral. The time before that was for an early morning ER visit. Not exactly what I would call a date. The time before that was that same weekend and we were visiting the newest Hughes in the hospital. Oh, we did go out to eat with Jamie's parents that night. Hence the reason for the ER visit (food poisoning!). Before that? It was.....ummmmm.....Ok.....Christmas shopping???? I think maybe I need to get out more:-) It is kind of sad and funny at the same time.

So, this weekend we are conquering a big homeschool convention. I will MORE than make my money back for the convention fee with the discounts and free shipping. We are revamping a bit for next year. I'm kind of excited about our changes. I'm hoping to free up some time for more fun natural type of learning. I think it takes a few years to kind of weed your way through and figure this whole thing out. It is definitely a journey for us all. Sometimes I feel very inadequate and small in all of this. I have to constantly remind myself that God put me here, he will provide our needs, and he will will not fail us.

We are going to take a few classes at the convention, peruse curriculum choices I haven't decided on quite yet, eat meals that are not prepared by me, stay in a hotel, lavish in the quiet (Ok, probably miss my noisy kids), and try to just enjoy ourselves. It is just killing 2 birds with 1 stone in a way, because Jamie and I need this recharge every now and then for ourselves.

And to leave you with this. The past several weeks we have been studying Psalm 121. We have a CD that goes with our curriculum and they learn most of their scripture through song. My kids were able to successfully write the entire chapter and even Chloe can recite it. This is one of the many reasons that I do what I do.

Psalm 121

A Song of Ascents.
I WILL lift up my eyes to the hills
From whence shall my help come?

2My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth.

3He will not allow your foot to slip or to be moved; He Who keeps you will not slumber.

4Behold, He who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.

5The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand

6The sun shall not smite you by day, nor the moon by night.

7The Lord will keep you from all evil; He will keep your life.

8The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore.

No comments: