Saturday, March 12, 2011

Moms' Night Out

Last night I went to a "Mom's night out" at a church member's house. We ate some dessert, talked, laughed, played a couple of cheesy party games, and fellowshipped together. It was fun and nice to get out, I suppose, but I realized something too. I really like just being boring and spending my Friday evenings home with my kids watching a movie in my PJ's. It is fine every now and then to get out though. The kids were deeply disturbed that I was the one gone at bedtime instead of Jamie, but in the end, I missed kissing them goodnight.

I spend all my days with my children and people often tell me that I need to 'get away'. There are some days I will agree with that sentiment, but most of the time, I'm pretty content with my life just the way it is (lack of break and all).

I love this phase of my life!

Boring old 30 something mommy of 4 who is a wife, sister, sister-in law, aunt, daughter, daughter-in-law, granddaughter, teacher, cook, driver, organizer, accountant, nurse, entertainer, tear wiper, referee, snuggler, cleaner, hairdresser, self-esteem builder, volunteer, painter, floorer, washer, and friend ....I'll take it. I have the best job in the world!!! Hands down!

I just began to take a survey of the different women in the room last night. There were 9 of us there. Some just starting out moms, adoptive moms, moms of special needs, large families, small families, homeschooling moms, working out of the home moms, pregnant moms to be, divorced moms, single moms, ... We all had 2 things in common: Our children and our Lord!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My girls freak when and if I have my "own plans" without them. But I am like you too because I miss them when I am not with them.

DKB