Friday, March 18, 2011

I've Gone to the Dark Side

I used to hate used clothing stores and such. It isn't that I cared what other people did. I didn't even really think it was gross or anything, but I hated the "hunt". I like to find a rack of clothes I like, then look for the size, which is impossible to do in those stores. It is dig through piece by piece until you find something that catches your eye. I tended to shop clearance racks, sales, with coupons, etc instead

Well, the past 2 seasons, I've moved to the dark side (at least for my kids) of thrift storing. I buy new shoes for them and maybe a piece here and there, but the bulk of their wardrobe is made up of thrift store finds. I try to catch Friday $1 day at one store. You know you have moved totally to the dark side when you go to the other thrift store in town and pick up something and think, "I'm not paying $2.50 for that!"

This has saved us a lot of money and I worry less about them ruining something, because it simply just doesn't matter. I guess the next step to the dark side is yard sales, which is not something I really care to do, but I never though I'd be thrifting either, so you never know:-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yard sales are fun but "the early bird catches the worm" and I am not an early bird on Saturday mornings. I like going when they want to shut down and pack up so you can even get a better bargain...

DKB