Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Getting Old!

Jamie and I have been having a good giggle about the "old" things that are now in our lives. I don't mean that in a bad way. In fact, I really do love the age that we are! We are raising our children, we are settled, have our goals in mind, etc. I think we'll look back at our 30's with a smile on our faces in many ways, but we now have reminders that we are getting old:-)

  • wrinkles
  • glasses (Ok, so that is not an old thing for me, but still)
  • gray hair
  • sensitive teeth
  • insomnia
  • melatonin (see comment above)
  • medication boxes
  • fiber
  • medical tests
  • Boost
  • heating pad
  • earlier bedtimes
  • backaches
  • spider veins
  • cracking bones
  • grunting as you get up out of an extended seated position
  • sensitive stomachs
  • porch swing
  • Ben gay
  • saying things like "kids these days"
  • enjoying the shade and sunscreen more than the sun(tan)
The thing is, we joke about how it will only get worse! Now when Jamie starts wearing black socks with running shoes or I wear a blue curly hairdo, then we may need intervention. Until then, we'll just take it as it is and realize that life is very short, and that I'd rather be growing old with Jamie and my kids around than to stay young forever without them in my life.

No comments: