Monday, April 18, 2011

Happy Birthday Hannah!!!











I had Hannah after 5pm on this day 8 years ago. It was the day that I became a mother of 3. She was my only surprise baby, so we had no idea what to expect. The nurses and doctors were not quite prepared for the rapid labor/delivery that I had (ouch is all I can say about that!), and I'll never forget when the doctor said, "It's a girl!" It took me by surprise, but in a good way. She had a headful of black hair, which gradually started falling out and was soon replaced with lighter (and now blonde) locks. How in the world did Jamie and I have a blonde?

She is grown up to be such a sweet person with just the kindest heart. Just the other day, there were about 2 Tablespoons of peanut butter and she had claimed it. I then hear Chloe say, "that is what I wanted" and I explained to Chloe that Hannah wanted it and that she could choose something else (not a big deal) and when I turn around Chloe is eating the peanut butter. I questioned Hannah about it, and she said, "that's Ok, I wanted her to have it". That is just one example on one day with one person in this family. It never fails that Hannah will put others before herself and that is a special gift from God. We call her a 'mother hen', but she kind of mother hens everybody.

She is just a blessing to have in our lives and I cannot imagine life without her. God is going to do mighty things through Hannah's life, because he already has. She will often just jump up in my arms for an extra hug as she is walking by. Sometimes, even us Mommy's need that extra hug to get us through a busy day.

We celebrated her birthday yesterday for the most part. We still tried to make today special for her, but Jamie has class on Monday's. The day she realized her birthday was on a Monday, she cried. We were able to compromise and she was even more excited to have 2 birthday days and we went and ate lunch with Jamie today at work. I think that getting her presents early and having a fun school day helped make up for it.

Happy Birthday Hannah! You are finally 8 with a snaggle tooth smile and a heart of gold! We love you very much!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is definitely a kind-hearted person. Glenn and I were talking about the grandchildren and what they might be when they grow up. We decided that Hannah was going to be a nurse because she loves to take care of other people.
Happy Birthday sweet Hannah Banana.
Nana

Buffy said...

She actually talks about following in her old Mother's footsteps, which I can see her doing as well:-)

Katie said...

Happy birthday, Hannah! I hope she had a great day! :)

Katie