Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Chloe!!! & Easter Sunday






Today is a big day in the Hughes house! Actually it has been a big enjoyable weekend, but today I'm focusing on my "baby" girl turning 5 and my Savior who is alive!! I woke up to this morning to Chloe busting in my room with a grin from ear to ear. She was so excited about her birthday, but also there was Easter baskets waiting on the table. I can hardly believe how fast kids grow up, but my baby is now 5! How is that even possible?

5 years ago, I went to work like a normal day and around lunchtime I discovered that my pre-labor might be becoming a little more predictable and a little more uncomfortable, but I worked until closing time anyways. I didn't figure it would make much difference, so I continued on kind of smiling through contractions and realizing that it was going to be a long day. I came home, put some comfy clothes on, flopped on the couch and told Jamie that I really just wanted to lay down for a few moments, take a bath, and relax a bit before heading to the hospital. Of course, considering, I had Hannah very quickly, he was worried, he'd have to deliver a baby, and decided to get me there against my wishes.

I arrived at almost 5cm and active labor. Things progressed slowly actually. She was my longest labor. How can a 4th baby be the longest labor, but she was. It got kind of "ugly" towards the end and there might have been a little screaming going on that a few certain people in the waiting room might have been able to hear (oops!). I didn't really yell with the other 3 babies either. When they say all labor/deliveries are different, they are exactly correct.

She was born at 36 weeks, 6 pounds even, 18 inches long, pink, bald, and perfect! She didn't any assistance after birth and she stayed in our room the entire time, which was bliss! My little grand finale!

Chloe is now a "big" girl. She has energy oozing out every pore in her body and she will talk to whoever will listen (nonstop talking from this kid). She is a hoot to be around and sharp as a tack! She will say the funniest things and will keep you on your toes. Jamie and I went into the parenthood thing with 3 kids in mind, but we both had it laid on our hearts to just have 1 more and I cannot imagine NOT having her around. She completed our family! I just can't believe it is going by so quickly!

This morning is also the day my Savior arose and I'm forever amazed at his love for me! I don't deserve it, but he gives it anyways. Our service was amazing this morning and my kids were adorable in their matching outfits:-)


PS: Happy Birthday Davida! I think it would be hard to top the present I was able to be a part of 5 years ago:-) Also Happy Birthday to my sweet Grandmother (my 2nd Mom in the world) who also was born on this day.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Happy birthday Chloe! :)
And happy Easter to the Hughes family! Hope you all had a great day.

Katie