Saturday, April 23, 2011

My Apologies....Ha Ha!

I want to apologize to anyone I might have "vented" to about Jamie's job taking him away from me this month so much. Jamie is a very hands-on Dad, so when he isn't around in the evenings, I not only miss my adult conversation for they day, I also miss my extra parenting hands. I've become a Mom Taxi with soccer season in full swing, Micah's drama classes in Murray, homeschooling group (also in Murray), and the regular day-to-day activities.

I love my kids to bits and I'm trying my best to invest myself into them through Christ on a daily basis. But....but.....but sometimes I practically dash outside and tackle Jamie when he gets home at 5:15 already, because sometimes I want to have a conversation with somebody that is over 4'9! And, no the Librarian doesn't count:-) I just get really stressed and have more anxiety problems when our schedules are so "off" of one another.

I really am much appreciative and BLESSED for Jamie to have a job that he LOVES even if it steals him away sometimes. He has been there for almost a year and I guess this is the first time that I've just been really frustrated. I feel frazzled some days with all the running, which isn't that huge of a deal in the grand scheme of things, but a hot meal through the week might be a nice thing:-) I know that this time last year, we were praising God above for such a swift answer to the direction in our lives. It was a total dependence on God and we learned more than I can ever express in words. I remember how sweet the phone call was when he told me they offered him the job on the way HOME from the interview (miracle of miracles!). He is happy.....that makes me happy.

May schedule seems to be better, so I guess he just got it all at once. So, be prepared, I might be a bit frustrated again around this time next year with his job stealing him away. Just warning anybody that might be in the path of my whining next time.

God has just walked right along with us in this path.

No comments: