Monday, May 30, 2011

3 Day Weekend

This weekend was spent working on the main area of the house (living room, kitchen, and hall). It is still not complete, but well on its way. It was all paneling, which isn't hard to paint really, but a few extra steps. The difference is amazing though! It is just unbelievable already and I'm so excited! This is the area of the house where we spend the most time and for 9 months, it was like a dark brown cave. The moment we put the the primer on even, the room was brighter, because the light wasn't being sucked into the dark brown paneling!

Today, though was extra special, because I got a new oven! We got a sweet deal on it by buying the display model too! It looks so pretty and I had to make some cookies tonight just to try it out. They turned out perfectly brown around the edges and soft in the middle:-) I think my old oven only had one temperature and it was burn! I know I'm not a gourmet chef, but I knew I wasn't that bad either!

By the end the week, I should be laying floor. That is stinky, wet, nasty, and will force us to move out of our house for several days. But, we are seeing the end to the madness.

I will hold of and post pictures when we are all the way finished. That is still a few weeks away (we have a vacation stuck in there too)

1 comment:

Sozo said...

You can catch a sneak peek of the room on:
www.sozo1.blogspot.com

Hehehehe