Saturday, June 4, 2011

House Project Progress

We are getting there! It seems like Lowes gets all my money right now! As a self-proclaimed tightwad, I hate that, but my house is looking fabulous, so I don't care:-) I think Jamie made 4 trips to Lowes last Saturday, and we've made several trips this week between things. I swear! Just when you think you are "finished"

Today I meant to get started on the floors. We didn't quite get there, but we did get a lot of those little jobs done that seem to bog you down the most. We did the backsplash in the kitchen. We were using paneling/beadboard like stuff (looks like tile), so we figured it might take 2 or 3 hours. Try doubling that! At 7:00 we looked up among the mess (black dust everywhere) in the kitchen and realized that starting the floors was just not even worth the effort at that point.

Our before and after pictures will almost be like those pictures in those kids' magazines where you have to find all the things that are different between the pictures. It has been a major inconvenience since it is the heart of the house, and my kids have eaten more sandwiches and frozen dinners than I care to share (and late dinners too!).

I'm so excited about seeing it transform though. It is just like I envisioned it and feels more like "home" with every added touch. As much work as all this has been, I feel so darn blessed to be sitting here in my own home (with a mortgage and escrow and everything...ha ha). Even almost a year later, it makes me smile and bubble over inside. What a blessing this has been to us and God has been so very good. He has just watched over us and helped us through so much this past year. We had a rough time, but he knows that and I can really see how he just lifted us up out of things and set us back on new ground with fresh starts and new blessings to enjoy. It has been amazing to look back on.

Before and After pictures coming soon...about 2 weeks or so I think:-)

No comments: