Monday, May 23, 2011

Goats and Babysitting


Today we had a homeschool group field trip to see some baby goats. The kids had fun and they got to pet these goats and chickens. Chloe wasn't so sure about touching them, but she did like seeing them.




Last night we got a text to see if I could babysit little Miss Leah. Of course! Well, as long as they didn't mind her going on the goat trip:-) We stood in the shade, took some pictures, and she had fun watching all the kids running around. I made the kids get in the tub after we arrived home to wash the "goat" off their bodies. Ick!

She went to sleep on the way home and snoozed a bit. The kids just love to get smiles and coos out of her and she wasn't without entertainment all day. That is for sure! She seemed to like being outside, so we sat in the shade in the porch swing this afternoon too.


The funny thing is that she had just gone to sleep when Rachel walked in. Literally 1 minute before, she had spit the pacifier out and was taking a good snooze. She heard her mommy's voice and her eyes sprang open and she started smiling and cooing. So cute! You could tell that she missed her Mommy and was happy to see her. So much so that it woke her up:-) Very sweet!

The kids loved her though and the orange monkey is still the favorite toy. I saved very few baby toys from my kids. I have one small plastic container with an assortment of links, rattles, teethers, and the orange monkey. ALL my kids loved the orange monkey and any baby that has played with him since. I really wonder if I should open him up and make sure it is only stuffings in there;-) I'm beginning to wonder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Baby Leah is beautiful. I am proud that I got to visit with her while she was at your house. There is nothing like holding a little baby...