Saturday, May 14, 2011

Last Day of School!


Well, we made it our first full year of 180 days! I think that we have all learned a lot, actually. I've gotten to see my kids grow, change, learn, and discover in ways that I've never a part of before. There were days that they'd get frustrated and we'd take a step back and look at it another way. Then when they'd finally learn that one thing that was frustrating them, they were so proud of themselves and their confidence soared!

This week, we finished up our curriculum and yesterday I graded those final tests and tucked all of it away in a box. I'm very proud of my kids and they make teaching them very easy:-)

We also celebrated last night by going out to eat, which is a rare treat for us. We ended in Murray, because Jamie needed some new shoes and went to the Cracker Barrel. For whatever reason, they love the Cracker Barrel and they didn't even eat pancakes this time;-)

Now we can relax a bit (or at least change our pace). We are still going to do some "light" school this summer, but fun stuff (no workbooks). The kids are excited and now it is time for house renovation phase 2! I'm excited....and scared! Our lives are getting ready to be very inconvenienced!

Today Jamie is at work for MCU graduation, so I'll be a lonely soccer mom this morning! Off we go with barely a break between games, so I'm packing PB&J to eat there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Chloe's shoes!!!

Deda

Buffy said...

Yea, I actually noticed the shoes after I posted the picture on there. Oh me!

Anonymous said...

That is the way she had her shoes on when I stopped by the other day. Wearing 2 matching shoes is so boring! I love it!!!

Deda