Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend



Saturday we had another day at the soccer field. It was cold! Hannah's team won, Abbi's won one and tied one. The tied game was with boys, their second game (so they were getting tired), and they did a great job. I still consider them undefeated at this point. Hannah does great at defending and Abbi is quick, and assists great! She is good at gaining control of the ball and getting it in the direction and to the player it needs to go. Her coach is really good with them and is very fair. I wish I could say the same for Hannah's. I'm really hoping I do not have to deal with her coach in the future for many reasons. I get very frustrated. 2 more weeks of soccer!

Sunday was Mother's day and the kids sang at church with Micah doing a solo. All the kids did great and their hard work showed. My mother came to see them sing, which they were so excited about. The pastor's wife came up and said, "Are you G-Mama, because all I kept hearing was that G-Mama was coming to watch." It was nice to be with my mom at church on Mother's day too. She is a great mother and friend to me. I wonder if she'll ever really realize how important she is in my life. She has helped me out several times lately (even in the wee hours of the morning when Jamie needed to head to the ER) when I needed her and has never complained. What would I do without her?

I remember a few days last year I literally called her hysterical (I wonder if she even could understand what I was saying sometimes) when things were going roughly in our lives and she would listen and bring me back down to earth, calm my fears, and help me to refocus. She was over 250 miles away at the time, but was still the first person that found out everything probably. She is my #1 cheerleader in life in many ways.

Jamie grilled out last night and didn't buy me junk food (upon my request), which was nice. I sat out on my porch swing watching my kids play. Being a mommy is what defines me in so many ways in this season in my life. I know that this time is fleeting quickly though and I'm trying to enjoy every minute of it. I'm not perfect. I get frustrated, disappointed, exhausted, etc. I have the Mommy guilt like everybody else no matter what I do, but in the end, I just hope that my kids look back and realize that I did the best I knew how to do at that time. That is my hope anyways.

No comments: