Saturday, October 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Micah David!!!

I can hardly believe it when I say that my oldest child is 12. 12! That seems like such a huge number. Before I had children, I would have said that it was a long time, but as I look back at the last 12 years of my life, I say it is short....too short. He is growing and changing before my eyes. I can honestly say that he is the best little boy in the entire world to me (as there is no competition around here).

He is a child that will give his sisters the red lollipop and take the green even though red is his favorite, keeps the cleanest bedroom in the house, is a math whiz, loves to be on stage and entertain people, is very creative in his writing and drawing, looks like his Daddy (which makes me smile), will often clean the kitchen without being asked, and my only son.

My labor with him was short, but the 3 hour delivery about did me in. I remember begging the doctor through tears to get "it" out, because I was in so much pain and so exhausted. Not long after, here came my little baby into the world, tongue sticking out, eyes wide open, dark hair, and the most beautiful thing I had ever laid my eyes on to date. He is the child that marched Jamie and I into parenthood and changed our perspectives on life...forever!

He is so special and getting so big. You know your child is big when you can go to their closet and borrow clothes, slip their shoes on and they fit, and you can no longer stand behind them in a picture. Next year...he becomes a teenager!

Micah was named after my Dad and as we celebrate his first birthday without a G-Daddy phone call and visit, we are reminded of our tremendous loss from 6 weeks ago once again.


This year his piece of cake looked like it was on fire. Maybe next year we will opt for the number candles instead!


He got a comic book Bible, a Christian t-shirt and a beyblade. While he asked for the shirt and Bible the Beyblade was a surprise, so that ended up being his favorite thing, I think.

Oh look! Even Molly made it to for Micah's birthday! We found out that she likes to pounce on Jamie's face and attack him when he is laying in the floor too. She didn't do that to the kids, so Jamie must be special:-)

1 comment:

Katie said...

Happy birthday Micah!! :)

Katie