Saturday, August 2, 2008

We Are Back (For Now!)

Our kids left town on Wednesday evening with Pawpaw and Nana and we left town on Thursday afternoon for a staff retreat with church. We all got back this afternoon and it was good to be home and it was good to have my kids bouncing around me again. We miss them so much when we are away from each other. It just isn't the same. I think they had a great time back "home" and we had a good weekend of devotions, fellowship, and way too much food!

It was our first experience in a Bed and Breakfast. The owners were Christian people and it was good to hear how the Lord had helped them with their new business adventure. They both still held down full time jobs while running the bed and breakfast. I'm really not sure when they slept or had any time for themselves, but it was something that they had always wanted to do. She could cook out of this world and they were both very hospitable and gracious hosts. We enjoyed our stay in their home.

http://www.thenarrowwaybb.com/Default.aspx

Next Saturday at this time, my oldest niece will be a married woman. That is very hard for me to believe! The time has flown by. Not only since the Valentine's day engagement, but the past 21 years. So, we will be trekking back to the hometown Thursday evening. I told her this afternoon to enjoy the next week, because it will fly by and Saturday she will begin that next chapter of her life. Wow!

Oh, and Abbi and I had a little mother-daughter time this afternoon. She took her $5 to Claire's and bought her some new earrings.

No comments: