Monday, October 20, 2008

"Goofy Gourds" at the Library

I love our library here! First of all, it is big, which is always fun, but they also have extra activities for kids to enjoy throughout the month. Best of all, it's free and entertaining for the kids! You can't beat that!

This week, they are doing "Goofy Gourds". So, we headed out tonight to check it out. The kids got to pick out craft supplies then choose their pumpkin to decorate. We spent about a half hour there letting them assemble their creations. They had a ball and it was fun to watch and help them get things just like they wanted them. Of course, the glue stick that the library provided didn't stick things very well, so I had to get the ol' trusty hot glue gun out when we got home to make sure everything stayed stuck. Now we have our cute little pumpkins decorating our counter!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are adorable!
I haven't even had a chance
to check out the new library. :/

Buffy said...

I'm a nerdy library person! I went and got my library card the same day I changed my driver's license. Jamie makes fun of me, but he is always checking out books with MY library card even though he refuses to get his own. LOL!