Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Fancy Nancy, Pilgrim, and Native Americans

Both of my girls have had "Fancy Nancy" parties in the past few days. They earn different fun days as rewards for good behavior, and both classes just happen to choose the same one. The girls loved it!
Imagine my surprise when I opened the Friday email newsletter and saw this picture at the very top of the page.

Last week, Hannah had a feast in her class to represent the first Thanksgiving. They made both Pilgrim and Native American costumes and got to choose which person they wanted to be at the feast. I remember doing something similar when I was about her age.

I'm getting the house clean today, because we are headed towards "home" tomorrow after church to spend the long weekend with family. We haven't been back that direction in 2 months, and that was not an enjoyable trip, because half of us were sick. Hopefully this weekend will be a better time for all.

1 comment:

joy said...

hey buffy!
the kids are looking oh so cute! im glad to have found you in blogger world.

joy
(mominjersey from bbc)