Monday, January 19, 2009

Our First Fun Snow

Jamie was suppose to be in Nashville today with the youth since we are out for MLK day. Last night we found out that the church bus was dead, so they scrambled together and found enough vehicles to fit everybody only to wake up this morning to a blanket of snow. Needless to say, his trip got cancelled anyway and he is home with us. I suppose it just wasn't meant to be. I can't really say that I'm upset about that. I was kind of glad to be honest.

But, it was our first really fun snow of the year. We got a couple of inches probably and it was so beautiful to wake up to this morning. I'm also very thankful for small blessings, because they didn't have to miss another day of school. The kids were excited and we went out and played for a bit. It was too hard to resist even though the temps are only in the teens.

It was too powdery to make a snowman, so they had fun tromping around, making snow angels, and having a snowball fight. Chloe enjoyed eating the snow more than anything I guess. She said it was "good, it tastes like ice".


And, of course, the biggest kid of all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That first picture looked like Hannah to me. Glenn said no, that is Chloe. It's a good thing you didn't make a snowman. Micah would have wanted to make eyelashes etc. Last year, I thought he would freeze to death before he was satisfied with the way the snowlady looked. (Angelina)
Nana

Buffy said...

The first picture is Chloe. I agree, that it does look like Hannah though.