Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sickness Everywhere!

We have done so well this year staying fairly healthy. We had a bug back in September that we all passed around, but really not much to report since then. My kids have not even been to the doctor here for being sick yet, and that is saying alot with 4 kids and the winter time.

Wednesday I got up with a headache, which quickly turned into a migraine even when I was doing all the "right" things to get rid of it. By the time Jamie got home that afternoon, I was laying down with the lights off. Thank the Lord for wonderful well behaved children! The girls sat in the room with me and whispered and Micah started his homework. Jamie took over when he got home and took the kids to church and by the time he got back, I was up a bit and things were better.

Thursday started out OK. Chloe and I did our regular errands and such and thank goodness Jamie came home early that day, because about 3:30 that afternoon it hit me out of the blue that I was sick! TERRIBLY sick! I was up pretty much all night. Friday Jamie worked from home so that I could rest as much as possible and keep a watch on Chloe.

Today Abbi came up to us about 4:30 and said her stomach felt funny. We both looked at each other and said, "Oh no!" You guessed it...she's sick! Poor baby! She is laying in my bed right now and is being a trooper, but I know she feels terrible.

So basically we are praying that it ends here. Thank the Lord for Jamie having a flexible job too! He is a great daddy and knows just what I need when I don't feel well (even making a sprite run after the kids went to bed). Even if he does treat me like I have the plague when I'm sick. HA! He pretty much just throws what I need to me from across the room, but I forgive him. He is a germ-a-phobic!

2 comments:

Sozo said...

Hey at least I came in the room and asked. I really needed a mask...but I powered in there. lol! Glad you are better so you can go into that germ infested room and help Abbi...lol!

Anonymous said...

Glenn and I both laughed when we read the part about germaphob. Jamie has always been like that. I'm glad you are feeling better and hopefully Abbi will be better soon as well.
Pat