Friday, March 20, 2009

The last piece is in place and now we can finally exhale!

It has been 10 long months of waiting. Waiting and waiting and just when we didn't think we could wait any more, we did. We've had a couple of close sells where our hopes would be built way up to only have them dashed in an instant. We've had moments of raw emotion, and many many moments of prayer and looking for answers.

When we moved here, we knew that our house was going to be our greatest challenge. Every piece of the puzzle had God's hand all over it last year. There are just too many things to even list. There was no question that we were suppose to be here. Then we come to the house, which was a big piece. In that one piece of the puzzle held our finances, emotions, and our physical attachment to Murray.

Have you ever tried to do a jigsaw puzzle to only find that one piece was missing in the box? That is kind of how this house felt to us. No matter how hard we searched, that piece was still missing. It was frustrating and I'll be honest and say that it was rather hard for me to emotionally move forward from that. My heart will always be in Murray, but I felt like I had a foot stuck there too. Kind of like I was straddling a fence and I was 3/4 of the way over on this side, but there was still something tugging me the other direction no matter how hard we tried.

A couple of weeks ago (I don't remember when), I was sitting here in the living room and no one was around me, which is unusual with 4 kids and a husband. My mind had kind of wandered to the worry of this house like it sometimes did when I was alone in my thoughts and prayers, but all of a sudden it was as if God whispered in my ear plain as day, "I will take care of you". I thanked God for the affirmation of what I knew was already true and that kind of stuck with me through the next several days.

Last weekend, we went to Murray for a visit with no real reason, but to just catch up with family. When we arrived, Glenn (Jamie's dad) handed Jamie an envelope with a check and note inside. It was a down payment on our house. You see, we hadn't been told that the sweet lady that purchased our home had even been looking at it, much less wanted to buy it. He didn't want to tell us until he was 99.999% sure that it was going to be a for sure deal so that we didn't have another letdown. Now that I look back and think about God's message to me, I wonder if the timing coincided with this lady looking at our house. I will probably never know.

So, we made a round trip to Murray today and made the transaction complete. It was really quite surreal as Jamie and I traveled back the 2 and 1/2 hours and discussed our future plans. It was a long day with a lot of driving, waiting around, and paper work. We did squeeze in a little family time too. Oh, and we picked up some Bar-B-Que in Murray. There is nothing quite like it to my tastebuds!

But now I'm sitting here in my home and I can finally exhale and breathe again. That chapter of our life is closed and I want to move forward here and I know that God has even bigger plans on the horizon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yippee!! God is so amazing! I love to see answered prayers and people being blessed!

Anonymous said...

Your last, spur of the moment, trip to Murray was in God's plan as well. Isn't that amazing!

I am so happy that it is over for you guys.

DKB

maila said...

Hi Buffy,

I have followed your story on BBC since the beginning. My family was going through the exact same thing as your family at the exact same time. The similarities in our stories were crazy!! I followed the whole moving/relocating thread. Anyways I just wanted to congratulate you on the sale of your house. Ours sold just a few days before Christmas. It was almost as if, once those papers were signed, I was able to breathe again. I didn't even realize I had been holding my breath for 7 months but I was! I have never been through such crazy emotions before. Thrilled beyond belief that it was all over...but devastated at the same time that I could never go "home" again. I never magined how hard it would be to close the door to "my house" for the very last time. It made the move completely real for me. Your picture of the fence was very accurate. After I was able to breathe again the full realities of our move set in. I have spent all Winter "mourning" our old life. Now that Spring has sprung I am finally ready to get on with the business of living again. My 9 yo took the move very very hard and he is finally laughing again. That in itself has done me a world of good. God has taught me so much this past year and now I'm ready to go out and serve Him again. He brought us here for a reason and I plan to make Him proud:)Sorry for the book about me! Just wanted you to know that I totally get where you are coming from.

Congrats!!
Lori