Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Can I cry too?

Jamie won't be home until after 10pm. He is tired from driving. I'm tired from lack of sleep this week. All in a day's work for both of us, I suppose (we both love both of our jobs!). I know he wants to be home and I want him home. The timing of this trip ended up kind of terrible on our family. I'm looking forward to talking to a grown-up when he gets home.

It is past bedtime for the kids and here I sit with Chloe throwing a fit in true 3 year old form on my bed (screaming, crying, and thrashing about). I had to move her from her bed so she didn't keep the others awake. She is angry that I didn't put chocolate in her milk. And, right now, it is the battle of the wills and I will eventually win. I don't think she has quite figured out that mommy and daddy always win when you give the battle of the wills. It makes me all the more determined, because I'm every bit as strong headed as she is, but I've had 34 years of practice and well...I'm the mommy, and I'm suppose to win!

Hannah got up after about 20 minutes crying, because her stomach and throat hurts. The scabs are starting to sluff off and causing her more pain and upsetting her stomach from the blood. I wish she would eat something...anything! I think maybe she'd feel a bit stronger and better if she would. I've tried to give her everything under the sun. I don't even care if she wants to eat ice cream at every meal at this point. Believe me, I've tried and the ice cream eventually melts uneaten. I bought her some Pediasure this week and she is drinking 1 of those a day, at least. I just want my energetic little girl back! It has been a week and everybody just kept saying to me, "Oh she is young, she will bounce back quickly". She is much much better, but certainly not all the way there yet. I'm hating all this quite frankly. I don't want her in pain anymore!

Abbi just got up to see why Hannah was up and when I turned around I said, "why are you up". Not in a mean way (I was just asking), but she takes everything so personally and started bawling. I had to hug her and tell her that it was awfully sweet of her to ask about Hannah, but that she needed her sleep for school.

Micah got up and said his stomach hurts. He has complained for a few days. I kind of wonder if he didn't strain a muscle or something, because he is not "sick". He says it feels like someone is poking him and gets better and worse depending on his position. So, he was crying too. I sent him back to bed and told him to try to shut his eyes and see how it goes. I'm not sure if I'll see him again tonight or not.

So, everybody in this house was crying at the same time. So, I sat down to just vent it all out, because otherwise, I might bust from all the feelings going on inside me right now. I'm not crying, so no worries there, but my feelings are kind of out of whack this week, that is for sure. Sometimes this mommy/wife thing can be extra challenging. How can something that can rack your nerves so much, be so awesome at the same time?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go ahead and cry Buffy. I would be too. Maybe they are all kinda missin dad too. Personally I think he should just take the day off on Thursday and catch up with the family. :) I pray tomorrow is a better day for ya and little Hannah will heal quickly. If you need anything let me know.

Buffy said...

I didn't cry...yet!

Hannah is still sitting here watching TV. She doesn't feel well and doesn't want to sleep in her bed. For some reason my bed makes them feel better when they are sick.

Chloe finally gave up and came in here and said, "I'm done now" and voluntarily went to bed with no struggle. Just goes to show you how fake those fits really are! Terrible 2's my eye...it is more like Terrifying 3's! Who ever coined that phrase didn't have a 3 year old yet!

I haven't heard from the others, so they must be in LaLa land. I'm really wanting to go there myself, but still no husband here!