Friday, May 22, 2009

Another Glimpse Into My Future?

Abbi has a little birthday party on Saturday and was told to wear a swimsuit, because they will be throwing water balloons and playing with squirt guns. Well, I've been in the process of getting our seasonal clothes out and have found that she has really shot up a lot more than I realized. She still has plenty of things to wear, but some of the things that I figured she could wear again, will now go to Hannah instead this year.

I dug out the old swimsuits and realized, once again, that Hannah will have plenty to choose from, but she probably needed something new. So, last night we headed to Target to get a new suit.

On my own personal rant, I get so irritated shopping for swimsuits for my girls. It seems like they are making suits that are marketed for adults. I refuse to dress my daughters as mini-adults, for crying out loud! Make some good modest clothing, please!

We ended up finding a couple of cute suits to try on. They were one-piece suits with little swim skirts, so very modest and cute at the same time. We headed to the dressing room. One of them didn't fit her too well in the leg area and I explained to her why we couldn't get the suit. She tried on the next one and it appeared to fit well and she really liked it. So, we purchased the suit...no problem...right?

Wrong! We get home and she wants to put it back on. Well, she thought it came too low in the front, it was riding up in the back, it was itchy, and the list goes on and on. I have to ask myself: what happened to the suit between the store dressing room and home?

So, this afternoon when Jamie gets home, we will return the suit and try to find another. Jamie said that he always wanted to be the cool dad and go shopping with his kids, but as the kids get bigger, he has decided that the task will be left up to me. I guess, only another woman can understand that you get something home and all of a sudden you think it is awful and wonder what you were thinking in the store. So, perhaps a small glimpse into all the "fun" I'll have shopping with 3 daughters (Micah is easy peasy!).

Jamie and I have ended up laughing about it though. We think that perhaps we need to order her a scuba diving outfit or maybe we can forget the whole thing and she can just wear a turtleneck. She is so concerned with being "covered," which is good, but also kind of funny at the same time.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

CWD Kids has some cute swimsuits. If the kids want to pick out what they like I will order them...but that won't help for Saturday.
Nana

Buffy said...

Thanks, but I think that everybody else has suits, and they really just need 1. I need to sort them out and make them try on and see exactly what I can use this year though.

That is the thing with swimsuits. It seems like you can't always go by the size, because they all fit so differently by the way they are cut. So, she and I will go try on some suits again and see what we can come up with. It is frustrating. Boys are so easy in this area!

Anonymous said...

Maybe she will have luck today.

Anonymous said...

I totally know what you are talking about there! Especially for my teenager!!! It is rediculous how they market little girls bathing suits to be sexy. Did you go to Target? They usually have a pretty good selection.

Buffy said...

Yea, we bought one at Target, but Abbi had buyer's remorse, so we are headed back this evening to try on some more. They are on sale right now too, which is a bonus. Even some of the 1 pieces are questionable. Ridiculous!

Anonymous said...

Photos are ready to be viewed. I left a message on Jamie's phone.