Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Micah's Camp Program


Saturday night we headed to the campground to eat with Micah and watch his program. His track was choir, and he got to sing 2 songs. They all did a really great job.

He had a ball! He was disappointed that it was over and he is ready to go back next year. He was very tired on Sunday though. He is not used to staying up so late at night, but he made it.

I'm glad that he got to go. This was the first time he has ever been away from us and not been with family, but I was confident that he was well taken care of. Well, I guess that was a relative term. He was taken care of. He was happy and in 1 piece when I went to pick him up, but he didn't brush his teeth for 2 days or wear the sunscreen that I bought! I only reminded him about a hundred times. I even made him recite back to me what he was to do when he got up in the mornings, and he was very well versed...'brush my teeth, comb my hair, put on extra deoderant, and wear sunscreen.' He was showering at night and did put on his extra deoderant, but somewhere down the line he forgot about the rest.

So, I got a hold of his toothbrush and forced him to a good scrubbing with baking soda added when he got home (we have to do this occasionally anyways, because he is not the best brusher in the world). His face, neck and ears were pink, but thankfully he was not a lobster from head to toe. So, lesson learned...next year....remind chaperone (who has all girls by the way) that little boys don't always like to be clean!

No comments: