Saturday, September 26, 2009

If it could go wrong...it has!

It has been a while since I've had "one of those days". The kind where you just need to crawl back into bed and restart the day on the right foot. It has been very frustrating and just when things were looking up, things got ugly again!

I slept in a bit this morning, and I got up about 8:00. I strolled leisurely through the house and took my time, because I was thinking that I didn't have to leave the house until 10:30. Wrong! Micah reminded me that he had Drama Club this morning, which begins at 9:30. There was no way to get everybody ready and out the door in time, so Jamie took a quick shower and drove him. That was fine until I noticed that he had forgotten a piece of paper he'd been working on for a t-shirt contest, which was due today. So, I called Jamie just as he had dropped Micah off. He raced home, printed what they had worked on, raced it back, and came back home.

I got the girls ready and started taking a shower. Abbi had looked at her schedule and said that she needed to wear her white jersey. So, Jamie gets home and we run to get Micah, only to find out that we had forgotten the video camera. So, another trip back home to get the camera, then get to soccer just in the nick of time for the game (not 15 minutes like they are suppose to). We walk halfway to the field and her coach waves at her and I notice that she is suppose to wear blue today. Abbi usually wears tanks under her shirts, but of course, today was not the day, so we had to run back to the car to reverse the jersey.

We get home, cram lunch into our mouths, Jamie and the girls take off towards Murray (Jamie has a speaking engagement), and Micah and I dart off towards Annie. I dropped Micah off and went and got a book that I had on hold at the library then went back to the theater.

The day was looking up. Everybody was where they were suppose to be and I was cozied up at the theater with my book waiting for the show. Micah did great and it was his final performance as Sandy. The show ended and I sat back down to wait for Micah to change.

I take my keys out of my purse and I look, "Oh no...where is the car key!?!?". I had my entire key ring, but the car key was missing. Well, obviously I drove the car there, so it had to be somewhere. Right? I thought it got knocked off inside my purse, so I go diving in looking for it. Just as I was about on the brink of dumping my purse out on the pavement, I decide to look in the window of the car. You guessed it! There lay the car key perfectly on the passenger seat.

WHAT!?! How did that even happen? My keys never fall off my ring, but it decided to jump off the keyring on the day that Jamie was out of town! The day that Micah and I were going to actually enjoy the luxury of going out to eat, which is a rare treat around here! The day that I was going to spend time with my son just doing whatever he wanted to do, which is also a rare treat? WHY!?!?

I called Jamie for any insight into this situation before I totally lost it. About that time, one of the theater mothers offered me a ride home. So, we decided to grab the ride while we could and kiss our night out good-bye at the same time.

We pull into the driveway and Micah bursts into tears, which makes me burst into tears. I called Jamie to tell him that we are home, and we are safe and sound, but we are both sorely disappointed. We had been talking about where we were going to go eat all week and we are both looking forward to it. I promised him we'd do it another day, but that doesn't really make it better today, does it? He is sad and I'm sad.

So, now to decide on what to eat tonight and how to spend our time together. It won't be the same as planned, but I guess we can do something here. He is wanting to paint, so I'm going to break out the paint and let him have at it.

Oh, by the way, Jamie said they were running late due to some horrible road construction and were standing completely still at times. YAY for saturday, huh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you had such a bad day. It broke my heart when I heard that you and Micah did not get to go out to eat. Hopefully next weekend the two of you can do something. We sure missed him, but understand that as they get older...they are going to have things that they want to do.
Pat

Anonymous said...

I understand completely about wearing the wrong uniform. Jordyn is famous for it and then I have to drive like a Nascar driver to get back home to get a differnt color. I have threatened that I am going to pack all of them with me every game...
DKB