Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Abbi's birthday pictures

I'm so thankful to say that Abbi was feeling so much better by the afternoon, so was able to enjoy her birthday. But, she decided to share her little virus with me instead. But, I'd rather have it than them. Jamie had to stay home today since I was kind of out of it, but I think I'm on the uphill run since my fever is broken now.

She had a good evening and was excited about her presents and food. I think I have a future fashion designer on my hands. She had requested this fashion doll we had seen at Wal-Mart. It is basically a cardboard doll and you design clothes for it to wear using stencils. So, then I just went hog wild in the scrapbooking and craft department getting materials for her to make her creations. She had a lot of fun and did a pretty good job, I must say.


My kids are funny and never really want cake for their birthdays and Abbi was no exception. She requested a 'big cookie', so we made her one yesterday. She was even able to help since she was home from school. It was pretty tasty.


I'm glad that she was well, and that she had a big day. 8 years old seems so big!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll have to get Abbi to design something for me.
Pat

Buffy said...

If you have any fabric scraps, buttons, thin ribbon and such that you don't need anymore, she might like to have them. Right now she is using scrapbooking paper, which works fine, but I'm sure she could use fabric too. I have some, but not much since I don't sew.

She is really enjoying it though. She has made some cute little creations.