Monday, January 25, 2010

Micah's Big Solo


Last night was the big choir concert that we have all been waiting for. It was wonderful as always. We have a great choir!

One of the songs featured a "choir boy" solo and the director asked Micah if he would do it. She did make him try out and she made sure that he "fit" with the choir, but it all worked out and he's been going to choir practice twice a week for the past weeks.

His song was first. He read an introductory scripture, then the choir marched in during the song intro (it is long), and his solo was about halfway through the song. It was the first time they have worn their new beautiful choir robes too.

I'm partial, but Micah did a wonderful job. I had a lump in my throat before it even started. I always get nervous when the kids do stuff and of course I feel so proud that they shine through and do so well. He stood right on up there and did just like he was suppose to do. He is a very talented boy! He never really gets nervous or shy up there either. Future preacher? Minister of Music? Hmmmmm.....

I took pictures, but the church videos it. Hopefully the videos and audios will come out soon. So, until then, I'll leave you with these images:

Micah reading the scripture before the choir came in:

Right after they had marched in:

Singing his big solo!

Singing with the choir:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looked cute as a button. I am sad that we missed the live performance.

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of him. I can't wait to get a copy of the DVD.
With Love from
Nana

Denisha said...

I love him so much. I bet he did a wonderful job. Miss you guys!