Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fool's

I've never really been into April Fool's Day. I know that it can be a lot of fun, but I've never been one for practical jokes. It has just never been a big deal to me beyond elementary school when you walked around and told everybody that they had something on their shirt.

But, I decided to fool my kids this year. I didn't want to do anything major. I just wanted to do a little something to be funny. So, I went to the store, and got some Jell-O. I made the Jell-O in their normal drinking glasses and set them out for dinner. One of them asked, "what is this?" They know that they drink milk or water for dinner, but I told them that I got him some juice at the store. Of course, they were excited about this "treat" at the dinner table and immediately picked their glasses up to get a big drink. Then, when the Jell-O stuck, they were so confused. It was funny! Micah is the one that finally said, "April Fools!". LOL! It was very cute!

On another note, Micah got me good today too. He has started doing fractions. He has begun learning about equivalent fractions and has done very well. In fact, he has not missed anything on his homework and this is a new concept for him. He came in here and said, "I have to tell you something....I looked on the answer key to do my math." My mouth dropped open and I said, "Micah! Why would you do that?!?!" Then he smiles and says, "April Fools!". I guess those drama classes are paying off, because he didn't crack a smile and his dimples are usually a dead give away.

Fun!

No comments: