Monday, August 2, 2010

First Day of School and New Do's

It was a big day around here for the kids and I. First of all, it was the first day of school, which is exciting. Our first full homeschooling year. The kids got up very early this morning all a buzz about beginning their day. We started our day with caramel rolls for breakfast and reading the Bible together. What a great way to start a week! It is going to take a few days for us to adjust to the new schedule, but overall it was a great first day.

The new curriculum is going to really put an exciting spin on our school year. Micah even commented on how he liked it so far. Ok, so it has only been one day, but we are excited about the change from last year.

Here are a few pictures from our day. I'm going to make them a "yearbook" to represent each school year with pictures I take here and there through the year. I know they'll appreciate that one day. Next on the list is to get t-shirts made for Hughes Christian Academy! That may seem a bit funny to some, but I don't want my kids to feel like they "missed out" except on things I want them to miss out on:-)

Chloe's first day of Preschool:

Hannah's first day of 2nd grade:
Abbi's first day of 3rd grade:

Micah's first day of 5th grade (trying not to laugh, and yes, I forgot to rotate the picture):

Sitting on the couch after reading our science lesson together:
They insisted on getting a picture made outside:

Then, this afternoon we headed to town to get the girls hair cut. They were itching to get their hair bobbed back off, so I just went ahead and made them appointment when I was there last week. I love their hair in a cute little bob. Sometimes I miss being able to put it up, but their hair always looks so much thicker and more "styled" with the bob. So, the girls and I pretty much all have matching Do's. They look way too old in the new hair too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the new back to school haircuts. Very cute!

Katie said...

Yay! Hope you all have a great school year. :) The girl's haircuts are really cute, by the way!
Also, wanted to give you a lovely blog award...I recieved one today and wanted to pass it along to you. You can get it at my blog.
I'll talk to you later!