Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Girls' Room Re-do

We got the girls moved into their rooms this weekend. Well, at least their furniture with the clothes and toys to follow. The girls are thrilled with their new space!

Here are a couple of before pictures (DRAB!):




They wanted lime green. I don't think the pictures really show the true color of the walls. If you look at the pictures, the color looks different in each one. And the chests that I painted were more of a lighter aqua like their bedding, which again, didn't really show up well in the pictures.
But, nevertheless, here is the big reveal! It is such a fun room and so girly and cute. We had to get creative to fit the furniture in, but it all fit.
The small chest is the one I had as a child (it was old when I used it...I really don't know how old it is), It has been repainted several times in its life. The big chest is one that Jamie's mother gave us. I know that the extra room will come in handy with 3 girls! I also got new knobs/handles for each. The toy chest in the pictures is full of their dress up clothes (their favorite thing!).





This picture below probably represents the color of the walls the best:






It feels nice to have all the kids settled in their new surroundings. They are all happy and excited and I'm glad that we could get them in their rooms first. They are great kids and have been so flexible throughout this whole thing. I'm amazed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pretty! I LOVE the lines on the furniture and the aqua color is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I Love It! I will come by one day on my lunch and see it. I am sure that the girls want to show it off.

DKB

Anonymous said...

I think we should all get naked and check the springs in that bed, youngest first I like them young