Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Is It Only Tuesday?

This week and any week where Jamie is here, there, and yonder I have to hold down the fort and make things work on my own. I've hardly laid eyes on my husband this week, but God has given him this job and we are appreciating every minute of it. He is loving his new job and the people he works with. It has been a breath of fresh air for him! I appreciate his hard work for this family. I can only do what I do, because he is doing what he does.

It does make for a long week though when it begins like this. Just today alone here are the things I accomplished:
  • homeschooled 4 children
  • painted a dresser
  • painted a chest
  • put 3 coats of polyurathane on the girls' floor
  • laundry
  • cooked supper
  • made banana muffins (bananas were looking bad)
  • made homemade laundry soap (still love this stuff!)
  • cleaned up the living area
I'm just now sitting down for the day and I'm not sure I'll be staying up waiting for Jamie. I usually do, but I'm BEAT! I know that between work, master's classes, and fixing up this house, my wonderful husband is sacrificing a lot of sleep in the process. I thank him so much! It has been ages, since we've actually sat down and watched a movie or TV together (forget a date night! What's that?). He comes home from work each day and he dives in a home project or plays with the kids or does another much needed errand.

So, as tired as I am, I really was thinking to myself, "how in the world is this only Tuesday?" but I'm so thankful that Jamie has a job, homeschooling, and a house that needs redecorating. It can get overwhelming at times, but really I've gotten all I've ever dreamed of (and prayed for)!

No comments: