Monday, September 20, 2010

What a Long Weekend!

It was a long weekend! We began the girls' room Friday night only to run out of the paper around 10:00. I was aggravated, because I planned to get it all finished before bed.

Saturday, we had to be at soccer at 9:30 for pictures . We left at 11:15 for a lunch break, and then we were back at 12:40 and Abbi played 2 games (with an hour break between), so we FINALLY left at 4:15. It was so incredibly HOT! We were burning up just sitting there in our chairs much less running around. Hannah won her game and Abbi won both of her games (against boys too!)

We were pumping her full of fluids, of course, but by the time she got in the car, she said she was feeling "weird". You would have never known it while she was on the field, but it hit her all of a sudden. She was weak, and began getting really sick at her stomach by the time we got home. She was sick all night until she dozed on the couch.

Then we got freaked out, because I was unable to wake her for a few moments later in the evening. I was practically in her face screaming her name and by then shaking her arm to get her awake. Talk about a moment of sheer terror. I was checking her chest to see if it was going up and down. That was how still and limp she was! She finally starting moving and we were able to get her to bed and we woke her again before we headed to bed to make sure she was fine.

We worked until 2am to get the floors laid after everybody was in bed. When Abbi got up in the morning, she was sick again. She finally perked up about 2pm that afternoon.

Jamie and I both got up tired Sunday morning too, of course. My kids don't know the art of sleeping in, so we are up early no matter what day it is. I went to get in the tub and realized the carpet was soaked around the tub. So, I was NOT going to start another project, but was forced into one by my youngest daughter (I'm assuming) and her out of control baths! So, we ripped carpet and tack strips yesterday too despite the fact that this project was suppose to have not been happening for a couple of weeks. Carpet in the bathrooms....ICK! That was the one room I dreaded ripping the most I think. I just don't even want to think of the germs that infested that carpet. But, it is out and we are now sharing a bathroom, which will certainly get our butts in gear, because with 6 people that is a nightmare!

So, my weekend is gone and Monday has arrived only to wonder where my weekend even went. I have a floor to poly today, homeschool, and soccer practice this afternoon. Of course it is Jamie's long day too!

No comments: