Monday, September 13, 2010

Micah's Room Reveal and Soccer

Well, we are officially finished with Micah's room! I'm so excited to have one room complete and we have already gotten a good start on the girls' room.

Before (he insisted on being in the pictures...HA!):


During (my little helpers):



The reveal:

We painted our old night table and dresser for him to use. It made the room come together nicely and gave him more room for his things. We decided to not use the chest of drawers, so the small room didn't feel overcrowded and he still has a little room to add a desk or table at some point when he is older.

I still need to hang pictures (I think they are at my sister's house???) and bring his things in. You better look at the pictures good because his room will never be this clean again!

And, the girls had their first soccer game of the season on Saturday. They both did great! You'd never know that Hannah has never played on a soccer team before. She got right in there and even scored a goal! Abbi did great on defense and passing it to the other girls on her team. Her team scored the only goal of the game.

It was hot and Hannah didn't even get a break (they didn't have enough players to substitute), so they were both wiped out. We have a few issues with Hannah's coach. Jamie got yelled at for letting her sip some water during a time-out and I got in trouble for tying her shoe. That woman is harsh and rude. I really hope that it doesn't put a damper on the whole season. Micah said, "we need Nana at these games, she will tell her!" HA! It is very hard to have a Christian attitude around people that are hateful to my children! Practice is tonight, so we'll see how it goes. I'm not putting up with it though. I didn't sign her up for the army last time I checked!









Notice that Abbi's tongue is hanging out. I have many soccer pictures with her tongue hanging out. It is cute, but I'm waiting for the day that she bites her tongue really badly too. Ouch!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the room! One down...

Anonymous said...

Just say the word and Nana will be there.
I think Micah's pictures are here.
Pat

Buffy said...

I don't think any of our pictures were there. I took the boxes to Davida's when we first moved, so they wouldn't get hot

Anonymous said...

Love the room. The blue is so crisp against the khaki!